The Harvard General Store is located at the base of the Common in the center of Harvard, MA, which was incorporated in 1732. This green is one of New England's finest examples of a well preserved Town Common, and is protected by the National Register of Historic Places.
While this site has been home to the town store since 1816, the existing building was built in 1896 for Henry Gale and Phillip Dickson. The store was bought 111 years later by Lyn and Adam Horowitz in 2007.
Two eras meet at the General Store in Harvard, circa 1910.
This picture, taken around 1910, shows Mrs. Gertrude Cottle seated in her car in front of the Harvard General Store. Lyn's family, through Mrs. Eleanor Cottle and later her mother, Mrs. Evelyn Hammershaimb, have been associated with Harvard for over 80 years.